Monday, December 22, 2008

7-11 Red

Cats can't talk but I bet they'd have a lot to say
On this rainy day filled with Holiday cheer
With Christmas lights on barred windows
In Mar Vista USA (next to Venice by the sea of insanity).
Everyone loves flashing reindeer
On a low income roof as gunshots cap
Another life at the corner 7-11.
Life's cheap for the price of a coke
And the fluff and fold next door tumbles fine delicates
To a soft downey scream,
While blood stains the asphalt a Xmas cherry red.
Red like the bow I wrapped my cousins plastic UZI in.
Hope he likes it.
Barrell lights up when you pull the trigger
Fightin' imaginary armies of corporate greed.
A seed placed gently in Maria's immaculate ghetto garden
Rises in the shadowed housing of welfared celebration.
I'm alive and free today and with gratitude
and an attitude of don't-tread-on-me resurrection
I pray for a new beginning in Buddha lit '09.

No comments:

Post a Comment